Thursday, September 11, 2014

One Month

My dearest Laney, 

Today you are 1 month old. I cannot believe that much time has passed already. You are such a sweet spirit in our home and we adore every bit of you. Every Monday that has passed since you have been born, I look at the clock exactly at the times that are special to me. The time we got admitted to the hospital, the time my water broke, the time you were born, and the time we were able to go to our postpartum room. Those times mean everything to me, and today as I sit here, I can't help but wish I could go do it all over again. 

I am tremendously grateful for your healthy little body, my healthy pregnancy and for your desire to come to this earth at this time. So much to be thankful for. 

I want to remember-


The way you bob your head against my chest in the middle of the night while I burp you. You are so tired and sleepy, but man we have to get those burps out or else the night is much longer. 
The way you root. Laney girl, this is my absolute favorite. As I put you up to eat, your little lizard tongue starts going crazy, and you snort. I can't get enough. 
Your frog legs. 
The way you close your eyes while I'm bathing you. You love to have your hair washed. 

Your little newborn noises
The way you purse your lips together while going to the bathroom. When you make that face...we know what's comin'! 
Your leg twitch. You don't do it often, but it is very familiar to me. That little foot of yours would twitch the entire time in my tummy. It would startle me sometimes because I was caught off guard! 

The way your older brother loves you. He loves you very much. I always catch him hugging you, petting your head while saying "soff", and I catch him naming all the parts on your face. He loves to kiss you too...when I'm not looking. I adore it. 
We are excited to embark on this second month with you! I need to take better pictures so that I can start printing them. We need to fill our walls with the girl we love the most! We love your brother too..but he won't sit still for any pictures. 

XoXo Laney Kate


 I love this picture. We adore your little face! 
 Getting hungry...

 I can't wait to see the color in your eyes develop! I think they will stay blue. 
 Sorry...another headband fail!
 Rocking you to sleep
 I love the way you stare at me. Your starting to make eye contact more and more! 
 I love your arms because you cant quite control them yet. They just fly everywhere! 
You love to be snuggled close. 

1 comment: