Friday, October 13, 2017

FIVE

Our Crew boy turned 5 years old last month! He had been looking forward to this birthday for months, and was counting down the days. I was extremely sad when I realized during our Hawaii trip that we wouldn't be home until his birthday, later that afternoon. I read our tickets wrong, and assumed we would be there Sunday. NOT leaving Hawaii Sunday, and arriving Monday. Anyways...thanks to Aunt Lo for making it extra special for him when he woke up! I was extra sad about missing that morning because Crew was devastated when he learned that Hawaii was in the month of September. Nearly everyday he would make sure that it wasn't ON his real birthday. (....tears....)
 What a joy it has been to mother this sweet little boy. I miss those days so much when it was just him and I in that little condo in Eagle Mountain. (still my favorite place we've ever lived.) We made so many good memories there. I remember when I was in the early weeks of pregnancy with Laney, and I was so darn sick. I couldn't do anything, and not living by my mom during that time was tough. I remember Crew being extra careful around me, and when I would throw up in the toilet, he would try to copy me after I was done. He was such a hoot. 
 When we got home from Hawaii, I let him have a few early birthday gifts. He is in a stage where he loves ANYTHING gold, and money. So when I found these playing cards...it was perfect. It's a little treasure that he will never forget. Along with those seashells...it's the little things. 
 Later that evening, we celebrated his birthday with cousins and grandparents! He graciously picked that rainbow cake at Target when I told him that the poop emoji cake was definitely not coming home with us. 
 Cute cousins waiting anxiously for presents. 
 Grandma Tara bought him snap pees for a gift and it was hilarious to see his reaction. HE LOVED THEM. 

 The next day, we had a little swim party with some friends. The pool was too cold so the kids didn't last too long there. We had pizza, and a piƱata! 




 Crew was in heaven with the birthday gifts he received. He has the best people surrounding him! He played with all of his fun toys for that entire week straight. At the end of the week I finally let him play with the science kit that my mom bought him. Crew loved that thing...but it's so not my style. Lets be honest! It was fun seeing him act like a scientist though. Note to self: always keep vinegar on hand. Every single science project uses it! 

Thats a wrap. We had such a fun few days celebrating this boy. And now he's already asking when he turns SIX. Don't worry buddy. It's right around the corner. (more tears...)

No comments:

Post a Comment