I've been listening to a lot of podcasts and talks the last few weeks and felt impressed to share one of my favorite that someone shared with me. It's something that I needed, and mostly because I've been wondering how to teach my own children about their self-worth, and how I can instill that confidence in them to know their path, and understand Heavenly Father's plan for them. I am finding that there are SO many talks that encompass this topic, and it's so comforting that there are so many leaders out there with great nuggets of truth. Sister Holland gave this talk in 1989. I love that it still applies to me today. That's what I love about the Gospel. It's the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow. It's comforting. I'm sure that I will be referring to this talk a lot in the future, but here are some points that I just need written down here:
-Every living thing shall fill the measure of it's creation. Every element has its own purpose and performance.
-Our Heavenly parents have the view from the top
-CHERISH your course and SAVOR your own distinctions. (YES!!)
-Shut out conflicting voices and listen to the voice within. (for me this screams social media/worldly views. A whole topic to be covered in a different post.)
-Free yourself from the love of profession, position or the approval of men by remembering that what God really wants us to be is someones sister, brother or friend.
It's such simple yet profound advice.
Random back-to-school photo. I'm so behind on a whole slew of posts. But I love studying the Gospel for them! This little boy is a reminder to me to just keep trying, and to become better.

No comments:
Post a Comment