Wednesday, August 16, 2017

3 Year Old Laney Kate

I am wanting to write all of this down before time passes away too quickly. Laney has been so excited for her birthday to come since Christmas! There is so much to say about this sweet girl. She has stolen all of our hearts--but I think she has more of a hold on her dads heart. It's so cute! This year for her birthday we were lucky to spend it with my family in Utah. It was so fun picking up balloons the night before (we had a little mishap with one of them--to be expected.) with my mom and ellie. We all stayed up way too late trying to make the next day special for her! The best memory I have to record is how Crew was so excited to wrap his sisters gifts. He couldn't contain his excitement. 












She woke up the next day with way too many gifts (grandparents who spoiled her!!) and she was a little hesitant to show how truly excited she was. I think Crew broke her out of her shell a little when he gave her a present to open. Then she saw her scooter, and she lit up! 

Ever since I saw the Calico Critters sets when Crew was a baby, I knew that our daughter had to have some! (whenever that would be) So I have been anxiously awaiting this birthday to give them to her! I swear I bought them for her...but I've had fun playing with them too. So this year for her birthday, that's what she got from the grandparents and us! They are just too cute. 
















GG and my cousin came over that day to have a teeny birthday party for her! She got her beloved "Let it go" microphone from GG, and a cute water baby from cousin Hadley! It was so fun watching everyone play together. I felt so thankful for my family that day, and just couldn't believe how much this little girl is loved! (and my boys! It's the greatest watching others love your kids.)

On her real birthday we drove back home to Arizona. When we stopped in Flagstaff, I let her get her scooter out to ride around the parking lot for a bit. Who wants to be stuck in a car all day on your birthday?! 







We ended her birthday "weekend" celebrating with the Martinsen side. So so good to be back all together again! Hazel gave Laney a matching romper, and we all couldn't get over how cute they looked! Really hope those two can have such a good relationship as they grow! 

Laney at 3:
-adores her brothers. Kisses/hugs them randomly everyday. 
-talks so much better, and now I can finally understand her with ease.
-potty trained (not nights yet)
-lover of all things pink, girly, and baby dolls!
-strong willed, and very stubborn. I've heard that benefits them in the future...we shall see.
-can't wait for preschool...even though she's not going this year. But I am so excited to have one-on-one time with her while Crew is gone.
-loves dancing on her own terms. It's so fun to catch her just letting loose. (I have the same problem...gotta work on that!)
-loves her cousins, and friends! 


**Longest post to date**

Happy Birthday Laney-Goose! Cannot believe you're 3! 

No comments:

Post a Comment