Friday, June 3, 2016

Hard Days


These last few days have been super challenging for me. I'd like to blame it on Peter for learning how to roll over...who knew a fun trick like that could make things so difficult. 
He rolls in his bed. 
He rolls out of his bouncer. 
He rolls when I try to change his diaper. 
Peter--you're too young for cool tricks like that!
(You're siblings never rolled over, so this is a new thing for all of us.)

Trying to put a baby to bed without a blanket, who is usually swaddled, is hard. So we've started crying it out now. Judge me if you will, but by the third, I don't have time to sit and rock for hours. Tonight he cried less, and fell right asleep. Probably due to that fact that he only napped for O N E hour today. All day. Maybe I'll pull out those trusty sleep books again...

The heat is already taking a toll, and makes this mama frustrated. It's hard running errands with whiny, sweaty kiddos. 

Another sweet child of mine admitted that they didn't like this house, and that they wanted to live with their dad....oh and that I was hated. I thought that sort of talk didn't come for another few years! Good thing the sweet times outweigh the bad. 

So Alex bought me some much needed flowers. I keep them in the only clean room in the house.
 (not exaggerating there) Ok ok ok, actually his debit card bought me flowers, heck, it's all the same thing. The flowers remind me that hard days always pass. I always underestimate what fresh flowers does to my mood. 

I'll be buying more weekly. 
(happy mama/wife, happy life.)


No comments:

Post a Comment