I'm just a ball of emotions lately and I'm blaming it on being 34 weeks pregnant! How in the world am I already to this point?! I'm getting very anxious to meet this little one kicking around inside of me. It's so surreal having a baby and it honestly never ever gets old. I wish I could do this for the rest of my life, but I can't. I'm to the point where everything hurts all the time. I walk and feel like the baby will fall right out...and sleeping is non-existent.
I have never really experienced the "nesting" stage with Crew or Laney mostly because I wasn't living in a place long enough to nest! But man alive have I hit it now. Alex got me a cleaning lady for Christmas...best husband ever I'll tell you that much. Anyway, she basically jump-started the nesting phase because I have kept it clean, AND I have done little organizing projects around the house. When the kids mess it up I get a tad stressed but Crew has learned to clean up messes right away. Everything I can get ready for this baby is almost done (besides buying teeny diapers) and the kids drawers/closets are cleaned out. I honestly feel that this baby can come whenever they decide as long as it's after 37 weeks. Next item of business is making a bunch of freezer meals...that's quite the task but it will be worth it!
I'm starting to feel a little sad that Laney bug won't be the baby anymore. She was hardly the baby to begin with! Only 17/18 short months of being the youngest. I didn't rob her of her babyhood right? (tear) She totally kisses my bare belly daily...it has to be bare or else she flips out. She is a tad obsessed with her babies. Kissing them, rocking, feeding, putting them to sleep and taking them for stroller rides. I'd say she's going to rock at being a big sister. Crew is also so very excited and he's totally bugged we don't know what the gender is. It clicked for him the other day when I told him aunt Mariah was having a girl baby. He was like, "well what's your's mom? In your tummy? Tell ME!" He was pretty upset when I kept saying, "It's a surprise Crew!" Hilarious if you ask me.
Ahh! I'm a tad obsessed with my own babies. And my darling husband who I don't mention enough around these parts. He really is the best and getting the hang of his fatherly role :) The other night he took the kids to the park while I made dinner and he totally loved it. The kids are finally to a stage where they play together and really enjoy being around each other which makes parenting a little easier.
I often get down on myself for the things I haven't accomplished yet, or upset because something with photography isn't going how I'd like it to...but then I look at my life and my family and feel very much at peace. This is where I am supposed to be right now and I'll get to the other stuff at a later time. For now I'm loving being a wife and mother.
Just some old pictures I've been in love with lately! I can't believe how fast time goes. I'm not a fan. (also can we just own a home soon so I can hang a million pictures of my babies everywhere?!)
Heaven bless all the cleaning ladies who make our lives happier! It is the best! I am so excited for you! I am like Crew... I AM DYING TO KNOW THE GENDER!
ReplyDelete