I can't believe how fast this pregnancy has gone. It went really fast until 30 weeks, then dragged on until 37 weeks. Now that I am almost into my 38 week of pregnancy, I am a little sad to have it end so soon. The excitement we are all feeling is almost too much to bear over here! We are anxious to know the gender...even though most of us think it's a boy! I now see my midwife every week. It's interesting to see how midwifes and doctors are different. I personally love my midwife and wouldn't see a doctor again unless it was totally necessary. The midwives don't "check" dilation until I am in active labor or way over due. At first I was a little bummed about this, but in all reality it is helping me become more patient. I know the type of birth I want to have and I think that not intervening in anyway will actually help my body progress the way it should. We (alex and I) feel very at peace with knowing that the baby could very well be born close to it's due date or even after. I am definitely uncomfortable but it's only a couple more weeks of feeling the way I do. That's nothing. We try to keep busy during the day and I am on my feet a lot! I think my number one fear is having my house out of order when the baby does come. I don't know who is going to have to come stay at my house if I go in the middle of the night but man alive it cannot be messy or smell like diapers :) So each day I try to clean something but by the end of the day it looks like I haven't touched the place.
I feel as prepared as I can for this baby to come. Newborns don't need a lot so I actually haven't done a lot! I felt way more prepared for Crew and Laney to come. It's funny how my mindset has completely changed this time around. We are all just praying for a healthy labor and delivery, and a very healthy baby. Our car situation is laughable. How we are going to have 3 children in carseats in one row beats me! I think the thing that scares me the most about 3 little kids close together is all of the crying in the car. It's heart wrenching to have a newborn screaming in the backseat and honestly it's beyond stressful for me. Wish us luck! I'm also not looking forward to all the postpartum goodness but I know that it does end and it goes smoother when I let myself recover and relax! Mom can you stay for like 3 weeks?:)
We are feeling grateful for this exciting time in our life. I can't help but feel so sad every time I do give birth because then we are one more baby closer to being done having children. I don't know how many we will have but I can't have a million! I will always want a little baby around so I know that feeling will never leave me. Being a mother is the greatest.
No comments:
Post a Comment