Monday, September 21, 2015

Life Lately

I've been meaning to write a new post on here for some time, but just couldn't find enough time to write one! I'm finally just making myself do it tonight before I work on homework...or else it will never get done. 
We have been up to our normal stuff around here lately. Crew turned 3 last week, so that was super exciting for all of us. I'm hoping to write a different post on that. It's so crazy that only 3 years ago I was snuggling my first tiny little newborn babe and now I have another little one running around and one inside of me! Time sure whizzes by. We have been loving every minute of our big 3 year old. 
He sure says the funniest things. I wish I had a post-it on me every time or that I would remember to record what he says on my phone. Tonight I asked him to help me clean up the toys and he just would not do it...so he comes to me and says with a little bit of attitude, "you do it all by yourself. I'm going to sleep!" and then he walked off. I think the term "threenager" rings true in our house. We think it's hilarious *half* of the time. 
We went to the bookstore today and I let the kids run around for a bit. Having two kids running in opposite directions is pretty funny, and then I just have to laugh at my growing belly and what others probably think of me. I got this guys...

(at the checkout there were some seriously naughty magazines and I was just praying so hard that Crew would not glance over at them. Luckily he didn't, but why do those have to be there AND low where little kids have a perfect view? I could go on and on about my fears with raising kids, let alone a boy, but I won't. It just makes me sad & frustrated.) 

Here are some pictures from my phone of the last few weeks! Man I love these guys! 

-I love doing Laney's hair for church! It's so fun for me and I've gotten pretty good with keeping her still...but my bathroom looks like a bomb went off after. 
-One day we picked up the kids from the gym and saw that Crew's pants were on backwards and inside out! HA! I guess he went potty by himself, but they aren't allowed to help them and so he put his pants on the wrong way. So cute. 
-I fed Laney peaches off of my plate and after she was finished she started licking the plate all over. Gotta get all those juices...ya know. 
-I finally put some pictures up on our wall with a hammer and nail! So these are here to stay until we move out. It makes me happy to have a husband who supports me decorating :) 
-Crew at Trader Joe's is hilarious to watch. "Excuse me!" he says over and over. 
This was the morning of Crew's birthday. He would shake the present and if it made a noise he would say, "IT'S MY LEGO'S!!!!" I don't think I have ever seen him happier.
-He has a pretty great dad who was willing to put together all of his lego sets. His little sister however tried to climb on the table and snatch them all up! So darn funny to watch. 
-We had a little birthday celebration at the Martinsen's house where he got sung to again and received more presents! He sure is spoiled and so lucky to have some great family. 
-A nightstand update. I cannot keep that thing clean for the life of me. My nightstand sort of represents my mind right now. So cluttered and taking on too many things maybe? I'm currently reading a fantastic childbirth book--which I love. Rich Dad, Poor Dad, Broadcasting Happiness, and then the YW books again. Each of these is benefiting me in some way so that's why I am reading them at the same time. Oops! I am in YW's now as the music coordinator...didn't know that was a thing! but hey! I'm lovin' it so far. I just play the hymns in there, prelude music and then coordinate music for Evening in Excellence and put together pieces for Sacrament for the youth to sing. It's going to be fun and the girls are just the sweetest. Some of them already babysit for us, but I know we will score a few more awesome ones! 
-I put up some Halloween decorations...just the bats on the lamps! haha that's all I have in me. Crew thinks they are the coolest thing in the world. So I think I scored a few points with him. 

Down below we have some cute Laney girl pictures. It's killing me with how fast she has grown. Wasn't I just 20 weeks along with her? 
She is a full blown walker now and is loving every minute of it. She pants, screams and giggles while holding her fists up for balance while she walks. It's so cute. She loves food, her binky, blankets, babies and Crew. She follows him everywhere. 
Baby #3 is still doing well! I'm halfway now and we are getting more excited everyday to meet this little one. Thank goodness we have the holiday's to keep us busy until the baby is born. We are not going to find out the gender and are honestly so happy about that decision. It's fun to feel the baby kicking but not know if it's a little boy or girl kicking us! So neat. We have decided on 2 names for each gender. Peter or Reid for a boy. Alex wants Peter but I want Reid...who will win! For a girl it's either Ruby or Claire...again Alex wants Ruby and I want Claire. So we won't choose a name until it's born. I haven't taken a single belly picture yet---but maybe I will right before my due date! Who knows. It's really different the 3rd time around. We just feel blessed and excited to have another set of little feet running around.

Until next time!  

2 comments:

  1. I la-la-love this! So many good things happening in the Martinsen home! I can totally relate to the pile of books - my dream is to have a whole week dedicated to me eating and reading everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for a post! I check everyday, haha! I love it! Crew and Laney are just so cute!! And, I vote Reid and Claire!! Team Abbie for me :)

    ReplyDelete