I seriously should be sleeping right now since it is midnight...but I just got Laney to sleep and now I am wide awake. Not fair. Tonight was our hardest with her. She couldn't decide if she was hungry, gassy, or just wanted to suck a binky. So there were lots of tears all around!
This past week has been full of so many emotions...and a little bit of the baby blues, so it really has been tough. Laney is a really good baby, and sleeps most of the day. Crew is the one that is being more difficult as the days go by. Whenever I tell him not to do something he will come over and hit me/us (laney too) or try to head-butt me. It's really annoying and super frustrating when I have a crying baby in my hands. He will then continue to do what I asked him not to do..example: Spilling water all over the Roku and TV. (yes I spanked him...come on..water on the TV?!) Im surprised they still work...we didn't tell dad about this one. I could go on and on about things he has done wrong this week but I won't. In the long run, it doesn't matter.
Im so blessed with my quick recovery though! I feel bad when I say that my delivery and recovery was and is so easy, but I think I deserve that since Im out here in friggin Springfield Missouri alone. Doing this all by myself. The husband works from 11:30am-11pm everyday except Sunday. 5pm hits and that's when we start to lose it...literally. Normally husbands come home at dinner time and give mom a break...but that's not how it is here..yet. I can't wait to get back to Utah so we can figure out a "normal" routine. Not really sure what normal is though.
I think the hardest thing about this week has been learning to take care of myself too. Getting a shower is nearly impossible. Then Im totally forgetting to pee, drink water, and eat! Funny thing is that the nurse who discharged me, warned me of this. She said that I would forget to take care of myself with a toddler and newborn, which will make it more difficult on me. She is 100% correct.
All in all this week has been full of learning moments for me! I am learning to choose my battles with Crew...like letting him drink my soda cup in the living room. (which is probably why he thinks it's ok to spill drinks in the first place) W H A T E V E R makes the kid happy. Right now we are in pure survival mode! Heaven help us please when we have to drive 19 hours back to Utah. Please please pray for us, and any tips would be appreciated regarding traveling with a toddler. Laney will be fine in the car..hopefully.
Here is a little picture to make your day a little better...it sure made mine better! Love this little girl.

I'm sorry, it must be so tough to have a newborn and an energetic toddler without much help! Wish I was there to help! We are looking forward to having you guys back in Utah!
ReplyDeleteDitto to what Mariah said...man I wish I was there to help! You are doing really great but my only advice would be this, it seems easier to give in to Crew at the moment, but in the long run that will make your life harder. Just be firm in your boundaries and he will find comfort in that even though it won't seem like it. Sure love you!
ReplyDeleteYou are a champ. I couldn't ask for a more capable and loving wife.
ReplyDelete