Thursday, January 12, 2017

December Happenings

December came and went so darn fast! Literally I blinked my eyes, and the month was over. We are loving our Arizona winter weather. I love that we live here. (Except today when I found a dead scorpion in our garage...dead or alive...I hate them. I just feel like that little guy was prepping me for whats to come in the summer months.)
In December we were stretched, and tried in many different areas of our life. My sweet husband loves to keep our life exciting by switching jobs...too many times. So that's been a little crazy, and mostly why I haven't touched this blog. Sometimes I don't know what to say when I'm not sure about how I feel! Needless to say, all is well, and I think we are moving forward in the right direction for our family. 
I am still loving my calling in Young Women's. The girls and leaders are sweet. I am learning and growing a lot, and I love that feeling. Sort of like being sore from the gym. My spirit, and emotions are sore from this calling, but it's a good feeling. Progress is such an exciting thing in all spectrums of life. 
We went to Utah for Christmas, so stay tuned for too many photos from that trip. (can I just say how much I dislike the snow? but I love that we can visit it.)
 December was filled with SO many costumes from this kid. It's exhausting everyone! His room is always a mess because of the clothes he gets into, and I am running out of energy. And my back is killing me all day, so I don't bend down to pick them up. However, it's all worth it. I love getting to see who he becomes everyday. 
 One day, I walked upstairs to check on these 2 quiet little ones. Crew immediately said, "Shhh! Baby Jesus is asleep. Look how cute he is!" And then I wanted to melt into a puddle on the floor. He had Laney be Mary, while he was Joseph. His imagination kills me. 
 I was able to attend Lora and Emma's dance performances too! They are incredible dancers, and SO fun to watch. I was also so impressed with their school, and the dance programs there. So fun for those girls to be apart of it. 
 Quick trip to see Santa with Grandma, Aunt Riah, and Hazel! 

 An out of order photo from the girls dance performances. Seriously they are amazing. 
 Checked on little buddy one night. He's so sweet...especially when he's sleeping. (LOL)
 Peter! He turned 10 months in December. He's becoming the best sleeper. We battled a case of pink eye (so gross) but it made me feel like a "real" mom! Poor kid handled it quite well, and it cleared up in days with medicine. 

 My friend put on a Christmas party for our entire ward. She's amazing. The decor and food was amazing...and Crew loved the naughty/nice list. So he made his own throughout the house the entire month of December....yay....

 ^^^List^^^
 Love snuggling him after his bath! Also--Walmart jammies for the win. Can't beat under $10 for warm footie pajamas. 
 Reading Christmas books by the Christmas tree. One day we will have a cozy couch by the tree, and it will make reading books even better during the Holidays. 
 Playing with fake snow with cousin Hazel! 
 Hazel came to play, and had a red nose painted on from preschool. My kids saw that, and both needed one badly. Love that they live close to her and Ivy! 
 A much needed date night. Our husbands were all there with us, but in another booth! It was one for the books. Hot tubbing after. And our sitter cleaned the entire house. Win win! Really love these girls. I've learned so much from each of them.
 Pete and Ivy playing during dinner one night. 
 Seriously can't get enough of Ivy!
 Another outfit...with a messy floor behind him. Someday my house will be clean all the time! 
Lastly, playing outside everyday with friends. We have the best little sidewalk for the kids to play up and down. Peter has loved joining them, and actually playing with the toys! 

Feeling grateful for all the memories made in December! 

No comments:

Post a Comment