Monday, September 26, 2016

Family History

Just a quick update while I'm thinking about it! I have so much to document, and it's getting a little overwhelming for me. However, I'm taking a family history class now, and oh man, it has me all sorts of excited to keep this blog up. It's so important for our future generations to have a record of our lives. As I am reading through my family tree, I can't help but wonder what all of the women in my family have gone through. What was their journey in motherhood? Was it hard getting there? What were the trials and daily struggles? Next to my ancestors names, there is a picture of them, and sometimes a photo of them with another child. I just wish I could reach into the screen and pull them out to ask the many questions I have. I have an overwhelming sense of love for the family members in my life now, living. I'm realizing how important these relationships are with each other. We are all on the same team just trying to make it through life, and how lucky I am to have such great influences who surround me, and my family. Feeling so grateful for just people in general tonight. We all have a great story to tell, and I just want to learn more about those who I come in contact with. 

My great-grandma, Dorthea Bea on my dad's side. 


Great, great, great grandma Lottie Mabel on my dad's side.

Great, great grandma Lena, on my mom's side.

Can't forget about my sweet grandpa, Lyman Daniel. He's my mom's dad. He passed away when I was only 7. I feel lucky that I do have great memories with him. I feel a little jipped lately because he left so soon. I wish so badly that my children could interact with him here on earth, and just experience the enthusiasm that he had for life! It was electric. He was a great disciple of Christ. I know that because of his example, and just from what others have told me. I'm thankful for the life he lived, and for the legacy he left. 

These are just the few that I have read about. So many more to research. I'm just feeling so thankful for the Gospel lately, for the family members who taught it to their children, and who kept it the main focus of their lives. 



(I cannot figure out why my photos are showing up so blurry on my blog. So disappointing)

No comments:

Post a Comment