We are still out here in Alabama just trying to fill our days with something. I don't want to be a complainer but man summer sales isn't for the weak... people! Daily I have to give myself pep-talks (out loud) on why we are doing this job and how I can be a supportive wife and what not. I actually talk to myself out loud often. Anyone else do that?
We soak our Sunday's up with our favorite guy. Church, naps, dinner and Sunday walks are on the agenda over here. Laid back, but that's how we like it! (actually church is never laid back...but this stage will pass...in a lot of years. I got this.)
Crew loves going to nursery, and nearly cries every time I take him out to go potty. I know he has to go--but he hates going at church! Needless to say he is a happy boy when in that room having snacks, singing songs, and playing with toys. Every week he tells us what song he learned that day. He's my little music boy and I couldn't be more excited about it. When can I sign him up for Piano lessons?!
He says the funniest things lately that leave me literally hunched over laughing my head off:
-"mom please don't see me."-this was after he ran to the bathroom because he had an accident in his pants. He was so sweet about it all. Then he tells me to not scream but say nicely, "it's ok Crew." haha I have NEVER screamed at him...he is the funniest boy.
-"mom! Wanna do applesauce with me? Like this.."-then he proceeds to try and cross his chubby legs, but says, "oh this is too hard!" hahahaha He meant cris-cross-applesauce.
-He couldn't get his toys to cooperate with something and he was grunting and sighing the whole time. He finally came to me and said, "I'm freaking out! PLEASE help me!" haha As much as I wish he didn't know that statement...it makes me laugh.
I could go on and on about the things he says! He can also be a little stinker and isn't so nice sometimes, but he is 2 and we are working on it. I guess you could say that he visits the time-out corner a lot. (last time he was in it, there was a teeny spider on the wall, and now he refuses to go to that corner)
Alex is doing well at work which makes this gig all worth it! (kind of) He calculated that he walks about 8 miles a day or so...can you tell? Poor guy has lost all of his weight! He'll gain it back in no time...I sure :)
I'm thankful for my family who puts up with me wanting to take their pictures so much. I can't help it! I feel like everytime I take pictures I learn something new. The more I practice, the more I learn! Can't wait to get these framed this fall. That's my goal. All I want is a photo wall with Pottery Barn frames. Pleasseeeee.
Laney is almost 1! She's not walking yet but is getting closer everyday. She's made this past year so easy for all of us. She's a dream baby!
Nothing much has happened since Utah! It's really weird not having people or things to entertain us out here. It is so incredibly hot and humid so we only really make it to the pool. The pool water is lukewarm so we actually don't stay for too long--the kids don't love it that much. Counting down the days till we move back home. I cannot wait to have a dresser, and my things again...mostly my bed. I miss my bed so much. I'm so excited to get back! However I know that the rest of the year is going to fly by and then BAM we will be doing this again in no time. I've decided that I want to document where we live each summer so maybe I'll do a post with pictures of our place. This job is such a huge part of our life, and I hate that I don't document our whereabouts more. These apartments are our home for the summers so they mean something to me. As much as I dislike moving each summer, I sorta like what goes on in these walls of our little apartments. I enjoy not having anything pressing to do each summer, and I know that sooner or later that won't be the case!



No comments:
Post a Comment