(my favorite picture of him...ever)
This stage we are in right now is ever so challenging. Today he pulled his cousins hair and then hit her in the head with the edge of a pot. That left a nice mark. He doesn't share, he doesn't "like" little babies...especially ones that crawl or walk. He tells me NO all day long, and hits me too. His fits are also a little out of control for my liking.
But at the end of the day he turns into the sweetest thing you ever did see. After bath time he picks out his books and we sit on the couch a thumb through all of them. We read some, or just talk about them while looking at the pictures. He is so calm and gentle. He is getting better at remembering colors and animals, along with their sounds. It is fun to turn the page while he mimics the animal sound without me having to tell him. His brain is growing and learning new things daily. It amazes me.
Then we brush teeth (which he lets me do..finally) say prayers, kiss Elmo and Doggy, and then he says "love you" or "night" as I shut the door. He goes to bed so well...so it makes up for the bad behavior during the day. I couldn't imagine this stage we are in if he fought bedtime. He looks forward to going to sleep! (wonder who he got that from)
I am nervous to bring another baby into his life because he doesn't prefer them...really. Occasionally he will go up to them, pet their hair and say "soft." Most times it's the exact opposite though. My aunt told me that her little boy acted like this too, but when his little sister was born, he turned into the sweetest boy. He loved her and didn't mind having her around. Can this P L E A S E happen to us? I know it will take time for Crew to get used to her, but when he finally does, that will be nice.
**********
Switching gears!
This little baby could be here in 8 weeks or LESS! Time is just slipping away. I am beyond excited to have her. Almost to the point where I don't want to be too excited in fear that something will happen. (yea I don't have the best thoughts..) I know she will just make our family that much sweeter. I can't wait to go through labor with her and then delivery! I love it anyway...but I am way more excited this time around because I know what to expect. I pray for her safe arrival daily..or every hour. I can't wait to see her squishy, chubby pink skin. I cannot wait for the wrinkly, peely feet, and her arching back. Oh man, I was meant to have newborns! They are so yummy.
She is extremely active. I fall asleep to her moving and then wake up to her moving. She also moves a ton when I am moving...you would think I could "rock" her to sleep, but no. She prefers to be awake. The newborn days should be a fun time!
I love my little children!
xoxo

No comments:
Post a Comment